Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Energy Saving Tips
The Battery Life depends very much on the ambient Conditions
In my apartment I have only mediocre LTE reception (mostly 2, maximum 3 of 5 bars). HSPA + with full volume, but because LTE is well receivable, the mobile network is almost always in the most modern battery-saving standard with Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE).
At the workplace in another district of Frankfurt, the LTE reception is very good and the mobile radio service with LTE is excellent in preferred restaurants in different parts of the city (data rate in practice: 60 to 91 MBit/s DL - the 300 MBit/s must all share ).
Increased Energy Consumption may be caused by Software
By very good coordination of hardware and software, the Apple 6s Plus consumes little energy without playing external software.
Bloatware, thus from the customer actually not wanted commercial software from third-party manufacturers, there is not at Apple.
Free apps with advertising banners should be avoided because they all have your personal data, which are often even transmitted to dubious commercials several times a day - not infrequently unencrypted!
Even free apps without banner ads can be hidden spyware software! Therefore, you should choose apps in Apple's App Store very carefully. I mention this here, because unnecessary sending of data is not only morally questionable, but also empties the battery faster. So also important for fellow human beings, who at least want to protect the privacy of their friends (keyword: address book copy to FB / WA!).
I do not use a Web 2.0 garbage - fortunately is not installed on iPhones ex factory.
If you have installed Facebook or other apps that are part of the "Web 2.0" category and the battery is getting very fast, you can delete these apps (before backup!) And watch the energy consumption for one week. You will be amazed. If you can not believe this, search for relevant keywords in a search engine, then you will find proven tips such as "Energy saving by removing the Facebook app".
You do not have to manually exit Apps that are no longer needed
It's a myth that is stubborn like Android: closing apps after usage is designed to save energy and make the smartphone faster.
But also Apple's iOS remembers which applications were not used for the longest time and stops these when the memory becomes too tight (evidence).
On smartphones with very little memory, the operating system even terminates older apps more often than on devices with enough memory.
Settings that really help
- Display & Brightness: Reduce the display brightness - in buildings is enough to set the minimum setting, ie the slider to the left. Just to take pictures and view / show pictures brighter. Combine with automatic brightness control: automatic off, medium / high brightness, automatic on
- Automatic lock: Disable the screen when not used after 1 minute and thus also switch it off, saves a lot of energy
- Location Services: Menu Settings / Privacy / Location Services: Turn on, but set all Apps to "When using". Delete Apps that do not allow this!
- Bluetooth: no Bluetooth headset, no car handsfree, no streaming of music on active boxes / HiFi system? Turning off saves very little energy
- Flight mode: activate in the evening before sleeping, if neither wake-up calls nor urgent SMS are expected in the morning (max. 2% consumption!)
- Background update: allows apps to update content via WLAN or mobile radio in the background. Deactivation saves a lot of energy!
- Background image: Background images with dynamic background and perspective. More or less unnecessary gimmick, but renunciation saves energy
- Power-saving mode: e-mail retrieval, Siri, background update of apps, automatic downloads, visual effects are reduced or deactivated
- Disable vibrational alarm, emit a lot of current and shake the sensitive electronics unnecessarily (electronics can not tolerate vibration!)
- WLAN: only switch on, if absolutely necessary! Besides energy saving, a strong security aspect!
Next page: High-End Music Player ...